Thursday, June 11, 2009

T-minus 1 hour

I'm sitting in PDX waiting for my plane to board. Luckily for me Portland is such a progressive city that WiFi is free in the airport. Walking around I have noticed a couple things that I'd like to make a note of, if not for your personal enjoyment then for my own memory. I know I made a list in my last blog but if you know me then you know I'm big on them.
  1. If you use a Bluetooth at any other time than when driving or occupying BOTH hands with something else you are very likely an asshole.
  2. Asian languages can be harsh on ears to people that are not familiar with them. This is magnified exponentially when it is used by two kids to argue over the most appropriate way to play WoW.
  3. Airports are one of the happiest and saddest places to be in. For happy go to arrivals, for sad go to departures.
  4. Good-byes are especially awkward at the security line when you say bye to someone then they just watch you go through security...saying good-bye again, and again, and again. Mom if you're reading this no offense, I will love and miss you guys dearly.
  5. A Starbucks that closes at 1pm is not really a Starbucks.
  6. An airport that provides free WiFi is the greatest concept since agriculture.
  7. The hottest person you see at the gate will never be in the seat next to you on the flight. Ever.

Alright time to board. To everyone who still has finals to take: I'm sorry and good luck. To everyone who is done: have a good summer :) I'll see you all when I see you. Peace.

3 comments:

  1. I've been on 100 flights and never sat next to the hot girl... except the one time i was on the phone with my boy saying

    "Oh god, this gorgeous girl is coming down the isle. I know where she's not sitting, that's for s.... holy shit... call you back"

    Score. Did not let that once in a lifetime opportunity pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) You freaking love lists. I found one you made in my pocket today :) and B) Number 3 makes me think of Love Actually, one of your favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 - agreed, not a legitimate starbucks.
    and yes, lists are great, now you just need a binder to keep all your lists in ;-) haha.

    ReplyDelete