Thursday, June 11, 2009

First Entry

So it's like 12:30 am of the first night of my summer break and here I am...blogging. I'm not really even sure I understand entirely what a blog is but a solid amount of people told me it would be a good idea for my trip to Hong Kong...so, again, here I am. I'm mainly starting this as a sort of public journal of my trip; whether or not I'll continue it past that I'll leave to fate.

My flight leaves in 13 hours 20 minutes and I have not yet come to terms with how exactly I feel about it. Of course I know that the trip will be an amazing life changing experience but at the same time I'm kind of nervous to be jumping head first into something so foreign (in the metaphorical sense of the word). It's just weird to be removing the safety net of living in a place I know surrounded by people I know and moving to one of the biggest and most dynamic cities in the world. I mean let's be real here; Eugene and Hong Kong are hardly comparable. But as sickeningly cliche as it sounds it will definitely be an experience I will never forget.

Things to do while in Hong Kong in addition to what's already planned for me:
  1. Ride on a junk boat. This will also allow me to cross something off on my bucket list
  2. Go to the horse races
  3. Eat authentic Chinese food, especially some duck. I doubt this will be hard though
  4. Get a suit tailored for me
  5. Get drunk with some locals
  6. Get drunk with ex-pats
  7. Go to Victoria Peak
  8. Visit a Buddhist temple
  9. Watch Transformers 2. Yes, I know this is not unique to Hong Kong but I want to see that damn movie.
  10. And, if at all possible, watch a Dragon Boat race.

No comments:

Post a Comment