I apologize to everyone for the lack of posting as of lately. I don't have Internet in my room yet so that's kinda preventing it from happening. I am using a friend's computer right now so I'll keep it brief. I am having a BLAST!
My first full day here my roommate and I decided to jump on the subway and hit up some random places so I have gotten some sightseeing in. We went to downtown and walked around for a bit which was awesome cause it was a mix of modern skyscrapers with old-school street markets in between them. I also went to Tsim Sha Tsui where you can see the entire skyline on Hong Kong island and it is truly, truly amazing. I'd have to say equal to, if not better than, NY's. I also got measured up for a suit yesterday which I'm pretty stoked about. I gotta look good when I get to Macau. :)
I went out a couple times with people from my program and had a great time. A little fyi for those who didn't know. In Hong Kong it is perfectly legal to walk down the street with an open beer/drink in your hand. No one seems to find this as cool as I do. Drinks here are way expensive though so I'm going to have to start ballin' on a budget.
First day of work tomorrow. I'm pretty stoked for it even though I'm feeling a little under the weather (please, hold the swine flu jokes as I've already heard them all). Some people started today and I have heard a couple horror stories. I'm not too worried about it though...not like I can do anything now about it anyways haha.
Well, I'm going to leave it at that. I hope you are all doing well and having a good summer. :)
J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment