Had my first day of work today. My coworkers are really nice but idk how I feel about the work. I just feel like it's...irrelevant to what I wanted to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for the chance to be able to work for a great firm in an amazing city, but my work is just going to be rough. Over the next two months my main responsibilities will be (a list here cannot be avoided):
- Designing and creating an updated customer database
- Redesigning the website
- Taking minutes at group meetings with committee members and publishing them
- Compiling daily news clippings relevant to our business
- Assisting with forming the weekly/monthly newsletter
- Designing a new scheme to take attendance at meetings
I mean I do have two months to do it but it's going to be overwhelming. Nevermind the fact I do not know how to do half this shit. Oh well, I can't do much about it now though, just buckle down and get through it. I really do like my coworkers though, I'm the youngest person in the office for sure but they are really nice. My boss organized an office lunch at this dim sum place which was cool. I ate some chicken feet and cow stomach...so dank I might add. He is an expat from Boston so we bullshitted a little about the Celtics too. I doubt he talks about them much to anyone else here.
In other news I got Internet today, I never realized how dependent I was on it until it was taken from me for 4 days. I'm not really in the contemplative mood today cause I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow. I will talk to you all then. GL if you're reading this I hope you're date Friday goes well.
Peace.
John Derek,
ReplyDeleteHope your first day of work was pleasant. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Joanne and I traveled to Hong Kong with my volleyball team back in the early 90's. I would imagine things have changed since then. We really enjoyed the night markets and haggling for cheaper prices. The food was excellent. Try to make it to The Peak. Awesome view. We even made a trip to the amusement park on the islan. Enjoy yourself and maybe we will catch up with you back in Oregon.
Uncle Mark