So I finished my internship 2 days ago. It probably deserved a blog entry but...well....I was drunk. Despite the fact I did mainly general stuff on my office that wasn't very research intensive or that I don't really want to pursue a career in high finance anymore I have to say it was good experience. I really enjoyed working with the people in my office and I got to see some cool shit through my job (i.e. Morgan Stanley board room). Most importantly, I learned what it's like to be a professional working the grind in a big city. Waking up, grabbing breakfast, jumping on the MTR and getting to work then doing it in reverse everyday is a routine I have come to enjoy. That is exactly the type of life I want after school and now look forward to it even more. If you're from ISDA and happen to be reading this I would like to thank you for an awesome summer and great internship experience.
Most notably, today is my last day in Hong Kong. I'm sitting in my room right now not wanting to pack when I really should because I don't want to come to the realization that my trip is actually over. I cannot express in words how fucking awesome of a time I've had here and I will remember this summer (the parts I DO actually remember) for the rest of my life. The people I've met here have truly changed the way I see things in life and I thank them for that. I won't go into naming specific names but fellow "dreamers" know that it was a real pleasure getting to kick it with you all for the past few weeks and I look forward to seeing you all again sometime soon.
The things I will miss (to name just the ones that come to mind)
- Getting weird in LKF, Wan Cheesy, TST, and yes... 9th floor common room
- Lunch with Chris, Jason, Andres, and Rob and Lu when they make it over
- Threading at work....shit was TOO much hahaha
- Legit Chinese food
- Wilding out to "I Gotta Feeling"...that will be the song of the summer
- Andres wilding out to house music doing that hand in the air dance move
- GL talking (Woot woot, what's really good, cuckoo)
- Walking around in Central
- Tearing up the MTR en route to work and partying
- Hanging out in my room with everyone
- Joking and fucking around in completely inappropriate ways
- Breakfast at Homie's
- The bathroom and balcony view at Azure
- Happy hour at Beirut. Kalaish and Marvin...you my boys.
- The MTR voice (Ching mut cow gun che mon, or however you spell it)
- The happy security guard
- Beer from Taste
- The view from TST pier
- Drunk cab rides home
- Getting lost in weird ass places
- Lazy Sundays waking up at 2 and going exploring
It's an odd feeling wanting to stay somewhere but wanting to leave at the same time. Rob mentioned today that he wishes we all went to the same school and I truly second that. I have had an amazing summer here and I will miss this city and everyone in it dearly. No homo, this summer was really a dream for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment